Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on wake from sleep

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marth_01

Marth_01

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

CPU = Intel i7-860
MOBO = Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p
RAM = G.Skill 4x4gb 1333mhz
PSU = Corsair TX 650 watts
GPU = Nvidia GTX 480
HDD 1 = W.Digital 7200 rpm (1 TB)
HDD 2 = *NEW* SSD Samsung 840 (256 GB)

The new SSD is my boot drive with a legit Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have the repair discs also if necessary.

Problem = Many, but not all, of my wakes from sleep result in a blue screen of death. (I have no other BSODs)
Also, this never happened using my old HDD.

Two recent BSODs with different error codes = http://i.imgur.com/S4sFK.png

I have installed the MOBO CD drivers and the latest NVIDIA GPU drivers and latest SSD firmware (before OS install).
Are there any other drivers I might have missed?

SFC /SCANNOW detects no integrity violations.
CHKDSK on both the SSD and HDD detects no problems.
Windows Memory Diagnostic detects no problems.

Thank you for your time!

EDIT: I found the problem, it has to do with Avast. This popped up one time after waking from sleep, followed by a BSOD. http://i.imgur.com/3wC4l.jpg

I can live with not using Avast, but I am quite curious as to what happened and why this message popped up.

Edited by Marth_01, 07 January 2013 - 12:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Avalon60

Avalon60

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I used to use the free version of Avast, until I found I could not log into a couple of servers I use. As soon as I uninstalled Avast, I had no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users