Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

back up HDD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

HI,this something that i am thinking of doing but do not know if it will work.
I have HDD from a GATEWAY GT4010 that appears has gone bad on me before i had a chance to get a external HDD
to back up HDD,what i would like to is put this HDD in the DELL E521 using a adapter that is supposed to connect
the two different that a company called COOL GEAR sells.
The HDD in the GATEWAY has a 40pin connection and the DELL has i believe SATA connection if i have it right,now if this adapter works
the way i believe it works i may get lucky and be able to down load whats on the GATEWAY HDD to the external HDD or is this just wishful
thinking on my part any other ideas on how to download from GATEWAY HDD would be appreciated,thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

You could consider a HDD to USB kit (USB goes into any other PC). I bought this one. It's cheap, comes with drive power supply and works fine. No installation required. Handy for accessing any HDD or DVD drive. Other examples here. Whether you can download anything rather depends on how the HDD has gone bad.

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

HI,nanobyte,I was not sure if what wanted to do would work but from what you showed me it will now just depend on how bad HDD is,thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users