Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB transfer rate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nlc715

nlc715

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

How long should it take to transfer about 1 GB of data from a 4GB Data Stick Pro to my Windows 7 pc? It is telling me about 7 hours. Is this correct? Any way to speed it up? Maybe buy a new flash drive? This seems like it is too long! Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

depends on the speed of the usb on the flash drive and the speed of the nand of the flash drive. If the drive you are using is an older usb1.1 then it would not suprise me at all. if it was usb2.0 that would be very slow.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well...I have an 8GB .mp3 player and it takes me maybe 30 minutes to transfer 8GB of music to it from my system. Going the other way is faster.

7 hours is a tad outrageous :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users