Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 skizzo

skizzo

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

So suddenly this blue screen appeared when I was on google, and I sorta panicked and failed to note down the error before restarting. I restarted and searched online on how to know what caused it. Some guide said to try going to "events", which I did, and I located the system error. The origin is "service control manager", the ID is 7026. It says it failed to load a controller named "lbd". What should I do? I'm terrible at computers so I don't really know how to solve these things on my own. Its working fine now, but I'm afraid it'll show up again. Should I start saving stuff? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

If this is the first time you've had a bsod and if it doesn't happen again, don't worry about it. If it does happen again, just post back and let us know.

#3 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

To be honest I'm not sure since I've had this computer for about 10 years now, but if it did happen, its been at least a few years. Does "netevent.dll" mean anything to you guys?

Edited by skizzo, 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#4 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Well its happened again!

It said there was a problem and it had to be shut down. It said for me to uninstall something about antivirus, defrag, security copy. It said for me to check the config of my hard disk, and to search for updated controllers. Then it said for me to run CHKDSC /F to see if there was any damage.

Here are the blue screen errors: ***STOP: 0x00000023 (0x00080110, 0xBEC00000, 0x00010000, 0x00000000)

I didnt do anything they asked me because I just dont understand much about computers. So I restarted my computer, and a box popped up saying the computer recovered from a severe damage.

I copied the error fully:

BBCCode: 23
BCP1: 00080110
BCP2: 8EC00000
BCP3: 00010000
BCP4: 00000000
0SVer: 5_1_2600
SP: 3_0
Product: 768_1

And then checked the report and it said these files were used:

C:/DOCUME~1\ANDRÉC~1\DEFINI~\Temp\WERbe89.dir00\Mini022413-01.dmp
C:/DOCUME~1\ANDRÉC~1\DEFINI~\Temp\WERbe89.dir00\sysdata.xml

Someone help. This never happened to be 2 times in 2 months

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Also please upload your minidump files for me to review.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/How-to-compress-and-upload-Minidump-files/td-p/253475

#6 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

The results log came out in portuguese though, that might be a problem for you guys sad.png

I couldn't upload the minidump file, it says i'm not allowed to upload that kind of file (.rar) or (.dmp). It was only one file anyway

Attached Files

#7 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Please upload it to the site below and send me the link.

http://www.filedropper.com/

It would be nice to have the dump file. smile.png

Edit:  By It I mean the one dump file.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 24 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#8 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Although you should really look into freeing up some space on your C: drive.

1 Drive c: (ACER) (Fixed) (Total:43.88 GB) (Free:1.47 GB) FAT32

Here is a program that can help you find those extra un-needed files.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/treesize-free/

I suggest that you free up at least 5 gigs on your machine in  order for the machine to perform correctly.

Also Here are a couple of basic things that you can do to tune the machine up a bit.

Open your copy of Autoruns and untick the items below.

These are under "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" 

+ "Adobe ARM"    "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\programas\ficheiros comuns\adobe\arm\1.0\adobearm.exe"
+ "AGRSMMSG"    "SoftModem Messaging Applet"    "Agere Systems"    "c:\windows\agrsmmsg.exe"
+ "Boot"    ""    ""    "c:\acer\empowering technology\epower\boot.exe"
+ "CTCheck"    "Creative Media Explorer Detector"    "Creative Technology Ltd"    "c:\programas\creative\zen media explorer\ctcheck.exe"
+ "eDataSecurity Loader"    "eDSloader"    "HiTRUST"    "c:\acer\empowering technology\edatasecurity\edsloader.exe"
+ "ePower_DMC"    "Acer ePower Management DMC"    ""    "c:\acer\empowering technology\epower\epower_dmc.exe"
+ "eRecoveryService"    "eRecovery agent"    "Acer Inc."    "c:\acer\empowering technology\erecovery\eragent.exe"
+ "GrooveMonitor"    "GrooveMonitor Utility"    "Microsoft Corporation"    "c:\programas\microsoft office\office12\groovemonitor.exe"
+ "HotKeysCmds"    "hkcmd Module"    "Intel Corporation"    "c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe"
+ "HP Update 4200C"    "ScanJet 4200C Driver Update"    "Hewlett-Packard"    "c:\sj655\hpupdate.exe"
+ "IgfxTray"    "igfxTray Module"    "Intel Corporation"    "c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe"
+ "ImageItEncrypt"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\system32\imageitencrypt.exe"
+ "LaunchApp"    "Acer Launch Tool Utility"    "Acer Inc."    "c:\windows\alaunch.exe"
+ "LManager"    "Launch Manager"    "Dritek System Inc."    "c:\programas\launch manager\qtzgacer.exe"
+ "LVCOMSX"    "LVCom Server"    "Logitech"    "c:\windows\system32\lvcomsx.exe"
+ "PCMService"    "CyberLink PowerCinema Resident Program"    "CyberLink Corp."    "c:\program files\acer\acer arcade\pcmservice.exe"
+ "Persistence"    "persistence Module"    "Intel Corporation"    "c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe"
+ "RTHDCPL"    "Realtek HD Audio Control Panel"    "Realtek Semiconductor Corp."    "c:\windows\rthdcpl.exe"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"    "Java™ Update Scheduler"    "Sun Microsystems, Inc."    "c:\programas\ficheiros comuns\java\java update\jusched.exe"
+ "SynTPEnh"    "Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements"    "Synaptics, Inc."    "c:\programas\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.exe"
+ "SynTPLpr"    "TouchPad Driver Helper Application"    "Synaptics, Inc."    "c:\programas\synaptics\syntp\syntplpr.exe"
+ "TkBellExe"    "RealNetworks Scheduler"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe"
+ "vProt"    "VProtect Application"    ""    "c:\programas\avg secure search\vprot.exe"

These are under "Task Scheduler"   

+ "Adobe Flash Player Updater.job"    "Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.5 r502"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flashplayerupdateservice.exe"
+ "expressripDowngrade.job"    "Express Rip"    "NCH Software"    "c:\programas\nch swift sound\expressrip\expressrip.exe"
+ "expressripShakeIcon.job"    "Express Rip"    "NCH Software"    "c:\programas\nch swift sound\expressrip\expressrip.exe"
+ "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job"    "Instalador do Google"    "Google Inc."    "c:\programas\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job"    "Instalador do Google"    "Google Inc."    "c:\programas\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "RealDownloaderDownloaderScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealDownloader"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\realnetworks\realdownloader\recordingmanager.exe"
+ "RealDownloaderRealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\realnetworks\realdownloader\realupgrade.exe"
+ "RealDownloaderRealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\realnetworks\realdownloader\realupgrade.exe"
+ "RealPlayerRealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
+ "RealPlayerRealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
+ "RealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
+ "RealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-1785774671-862687008-1397392305-1006.job"    "RealUpgrade Launcher"    "RealNetworks, Inc."    "c:\programas\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
+ "SmartDefrag.job"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Programas\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe /Schedule"
+ "SmartDefrag_Startup.job"    "Smart Defrag v2"    "IObit"    "c:\programas\iobit\smart defrag 2\smartdefrag.exe"

Close your Copy of Autoruns.

Hit the Start  button then

Right Click My computer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Properties>>>>>>>>>>>
Harwdare Tab>>>>>>>>>>>>>Device Manager.
Scroll down to the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controlers Left click the + to the left of the drivers.
Right Click and uninstall all of your Primary IDE drivers.

There most likely will be more than one of the Primary IDE Drivers

Make sure and un-install All of them prior to rebooting.

Reboot the machine. 

After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manually

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 24 February 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#9 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

TreeSize is scary because I dont know what 99% of those files are. Should I delete IE? I only use Firefox nowadays, but I never deleted IE. There is also a MSN Gaming folder which seems pretty large, but it advises me not to delete it because "some programs may stop working". Also it wont let me delete AVG Security search.

There's no way I'll be able to delete that much stuff

As for autoruns, you mean autoruns.txt? And what do you mean by untick, taking away the + sign or deleting those lines completely?

http://www.filedropper.com/mini022413-01

Edited by skizzo, 24 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#10 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

You should not try and delete Internet Explorer it is a core windows file and you should not mess with that.

As far as using the treesize program here it a tutorial  I found on youtube. (there are many more on YT) If after watching the video you are still un comfy deleting any files then refrain from doing so.  

Yes as far as autoruns goes un-tick/remove the + on the items I suggested and then reboot the machine.

Also go ahead and un install the primary ide drivers as well.

The crash seems to have been caused by fastfat.sys which is a windows driver lets wait and see if we can get another crash dump to view before we make any decision on the dump. :)

#11 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Also you are running Ccleaner you will need to untick the option to delete minidump files from with in Ccleaner so that if the machine bluescreens again we will have a dump file to view.

#12 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Do you think I should delete MSN Gaming stuff? I had no idea it was there but its telling me it might do harm.

Edited by skizzo, 24 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#13 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I have no Idea what MSN Gaming stuff is sorry buddy you will have to use your judgement on which files need to go.

You can also clear space by deleting all old restore point's and Cleaning Temp Files.

Also try this program it is a duplicate file delete tool just watch out for any toolbar that may come with it.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/

Also  Download Adware Cleaner run it Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

#14 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Well now I have another problem, I deleted a lot of files (after moving some to an external disk), and now I cant empty my recycle bin. It says it cant read the files or something

#15 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Can you run Ccleaner to delete the recycle bin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users