Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange graphical glitch/lines all over the monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thebeing

thebeing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hello,
Recently I have been seeing strange behavior on my computer.

First of all, videos on YouTube play stutter and lag on Google Chrome but not on Firefox. Actually the whole Chrome browser runs laggy as of now.
I suspect it is because Chrome is using GPU while Firefox does not.

On several games strange lines appear and distort the whole screen (see picture).
Posted Image
It happens when playing CoD: Modern Warfare 3 but not when playing CoD: Black Ops 2 and other games.

It's worth mentioning that other games run smooth and my GPU has never overheated (always below 60 Celsius degrees).

It started happening randomly on one day and has been bothering me for a week now.
Other than that, my PC runs fine without any hiccups. Heck, I can even play Crysis 2 on Max settings.

I already have tried installing the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers without any success.

My system:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 460 1GB
MB: AsRock z77 Pro3
RAM: Kingston 8GB
PSU: 700W
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1TB

UPDATE1
When I take a screenshot using Prt Scr the picture comes out fine without any lines!
But then I take a screenshot using other software, the picture comes out with all the graphical glitches!

The same issue occurs when opening an application on my Virtual machine!
Posted Image

UPDATE2
Google Chrome stops lagging when disabling GPU Process (Chrome -> Options -> Stop GPU Process).
Still, that is only a temporary fix and does not affect the problem with VMware and games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thebeing

thebeing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Apparently, I resolved the issue by downloading Windows updates. Yes, there was an optional update by Intel that installed new graphics drivers.

#3 ComputerMedic2013

ComputerMedic2013

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

If the issue pops up again, a capacitor may be bulging on the graphics card or a heatsink on the card may net be properly seated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users