Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall Blocked 1080 Port and Jammed up my Computer

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hello I Installed "Comodo Firewall" and the other stuff that tag along with it" and immediately uninstalled it using Revo as it Trashed my Computer (Win XP 2006 Dell (Inspirion) After that I rebooted. It was still slow and not loading pages so ran CCleaner and then I noticed I could not update CC nor connect to any net, bookmarks or shortcuts, nothing. So I realised I had a big problem when I tried to do a "System restore" and there were no System restore points and System Restore was turned off? Not by me" that I would have any reason too?
I have been using Revo and CCleaner at least every fortnight for the last 7 year's" they have never caused me any concerns, they just do what they are supposed to do.

I tried to download some "metadata" for an eBook file in "Calibre" and it wouldn't, nor would it download a "book cover" that's when I noticed an "Error Port 1080 is Blocked". I have just Run MWMB's and Avast full Scans, both in "Safe Mode" and there is nothing at all showing there!
So I am using another computer to contact you guy's, can someone offer any help Please, Dazza

Edited by Dazza, 05 January 2013 - 06:38 PM.

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just some more Information onthe above thread the Error I relieved in Calibre is

Could not start the Content Server Error:
IOError (Port 1080 is not free on 192.168.1.1")

Hope it helps Dazza :busy:

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Port 1080 is used for proxy service. Are you using proxy software? Are you behind a router?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi Bleepin' Animinion, Thanks for replying. I am using a "Billion" Wireless G, VoIP, ADSL Router, My ISP is "Internode" the only reason I Have a Home Network is my Wife's iPad, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3110.

In Network Connections Properties>
Client for MS Net is Checked

File and Printer Sharing Is Checked (Though no printer is installed)

QoS Packet Scheduler is Checked

MS TCP/IP version 6 is checked

Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)is Checked
-------------------
IN Network Connections:
LAN Area Connection .....LAN high Speed Internet...Connected Firewalled/

Local Area Connection on Billion Wire Router Inter Gateway....Disconnected

And I have tried to repair this and restart it but it won't?

So that's about it" I have rebooted the Billion I don't think I am working under a Proxy :unsure: Dazza

Edited by Dazza, 07 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Is your machine the only one that does not work for downloading etc. through the router? Are you connected wirelessly or wired to the router?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yes my Sons computer is sitting alongside I am using that and it is plugged into the 2nd Port of the same Wireless Router

Edited by Dazza, 07 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Lets try and isolate conclusively which device is causing your error. Power down your device and another device that works fine and are both using hard wired ports on the router. Then swap ports in use on the router with the two devices. Then power up the two devices. If it is the router, the problem will follow the port. If it is your machine no change will occur. Let me know what you find.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Animal, No it's My computer for sure. I switched Ethernet cables on the WRRouter and my Sons is still roaring away on (Port(1) now) and my Dell is on Port (2) and still no internet Dazza

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Try creating a new Ethernet connection. Make sure you restart once you do create a new connection.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#10 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Animal I don't know what you mean as in "create a new Ethernet Connection?" when I set this all up about 2 months ago" my ISP did it all with me over the phone.

I thought that I was already doing what you have just suggested: ADSL cable > wall to plug on Router > Yellow Ethernet from Port (1) to the Dell (MY) computer > Blue Ethernet cable Port (2) on Router to the Acer (Son's) Computer
This had all been working perfectly (Both together)since Boxing Day until the Comodo Firewall thing on my (Dell) the other day and then after I had removed The "Comodo Firewall" and its stupid accessories I had "no restore points" and the 1080 blocked error, :unsure: Dazza

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

You can take a look here at the process of how to create a new Local Area Connection. How to Configure a Local Area Connection

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#12 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Sorry Animal but that didn't work. It's still got me puzzled why there are two LAN connection Icons in "Network Connect" window and the Second Icon is a dud it say's it is "not connected" and if I right Click > Properties it just opens and Say's LAN etc and if I click on the "Settings" Box all it has is Services > Select the services running on your network that Internet users can access? Maybe I should ring my ISP tomorrow and ask them What do you think Dazza

#13 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Animal Just adding on I went thru the steps from the Link you suggested again

After Step 5 > I did 6 BUT When I clicked on properties to Highlight the New LAN Icon that has been created" there is no new LAN Icon" the steps haven't Worked? it's just the initial LAN and the Dud Billion LAN Ico, No new Icon in Network Connect Page for connecting was Created? Strange Happenings What do you think Cobba Dazza

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Let me solicit some input from some more experienced network oriented staffers. Please be patient.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#15 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

No problem, thanks Animal :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users