Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uaa Bus Driver For High Definition Audio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cnralph

cnralph

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

My computer quit playing sound over the weekend. I used the microsoft troubleshooter starting off basic checking speaker connections. I tried playing different sounds from numerous other files and I could not get any of those audio functions to work either. The more I got into the troubleshooting I found of my device manager that the UAA bus driver for high defintion audio could not start and it gave me a code 10. Is this something I'll have to take my computer back to the manufactuer or something I can fix myself. It sounds pretty major to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

You may be able to fix it yourself by reloading the drivers.

If the audio card is built in to your motherboard the drivers will be on the cd that came with it.

Go to the device manager (control panel/system/hardware/device manager) and double click on the UAA bus driver.

That will open a box. Click on the driver tab, and then click on "update driver"

When it gives you a choice where Windows will look for it, choose your cd.
Put the cd in the drive and have it install the driver.

If it is a seperate audio card it should have come with a cd too, so use that one instead.

You can also download updated drivers from the manufacturer's sites, either the motherboard if the audio is onboard, or whatever manufacture made the sound card if it is seperate.

#3 cnralph

cnralph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Hey I had to revert to factory settings but my driver is fixed. It was all one big pain in the ass ending with me not saving much of anything from my memory. Hey but at least it works now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users