Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powersaving Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cghatton

cghatton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:47 AM

I just got this computer from my Uncle's home and set it up at ours. When I turned the Gateway computer on, it simply read DSUB powersaving mode, then went dark. I can hear the computer running and loading, but my display is dark. I tried using a different monitor, but that doesn't work as well. How can I turn off the powersaving mode, or how can I at least get something to show up on my display??

Edited by cghatton, 27 March 2006 - 11:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

Try to reseat you video card. It may have become loose in the move. You may be able to just push down on the card to seat it. Make sure you unplug the computer from the poer source.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Go into the bios and see if the video is enabled.

Does it have a seperate video card or is it onboard?

#4 cghatton

cghatton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

the video card is on board.

#5 SuperSam

SuperSam

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

Hi,

Keep the computer off for a long time..say half an hr...while the PC is off..remove all PCI cards like modem and sound cards, etc. Also, disconnect all peripherals... then restart the PC.

Sam.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

Do you have another monitor you can connect to the computer to see if it's the monitor or the video adapter that's the problem - hopefully a crt monitor - not a flat screen?

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 March 2006 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users