Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neerod

neerod

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

My husband has a dell dimension 8200. After repairing a registry his computer locked. He entered safe mode but can't remember what he did after that. Now when I boot it up I getr strike F1 to retry boot or F2 setup. The boot dequence under setup says the hard disk drive is not installed and the computer will not boot. I think this is because he used shareware. Pleae help we need this computer. What do I do if I do not have a Windows Xp CD from Dell? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

There are a couple of things to do.

First, when the computer is booting look at the bottom of the screen and start tapping the key it tells you to enter safe mode, usually one of the F keys although it could be another key.

If it opens the screen choose last known good configuration.

Try that and let us know.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

accidental double post

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 March 2006 - 02:44 PM.

#4 neerod

neerod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

It will not allow me to enter safe mode or any other mode. It says warning: Dell'd disk monitoring system has detected that drive on the primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications. It is advisable to immediately back up your data and replace your hard drive disk by callling your support desk or dell computer.
NOW WHAT???? Thanks for your quick response.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

Is the computer still under warranty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users