Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTC One S wont connect to my Win7?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sorry for double posting but figured both areas might get more results, didn't notice this area first.

I've posted in my other forum where I'm a 'Moderator' (not important) but they can only handle so much when it comes to pc issues above and beyond smartphones, I have downloaded the latest HTC drivers tried all usb ports also looked under 'Device Manager' and found one issue with an 'ACPI' (I believe) driver with exclamation mark and tried to right click to upgrade it and no go so I was told to delete it, than I rebooted/uninstalled the HTC drivers and than rebooted still no go? What should I do next cuz I'm clueless as of now and I can't move forward with what I want to do with my HTC One S, just at a loss plus did 'Google' searches without any fixes?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Anyone?

#3 shahidsaif

shahidsaif

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

aneyone?????????

#4 TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Why don't members help, I try and find a respectable forum for these questions and no help and why do you exist if you can't help? Sorry if I sound rude but I need help and yes, I know that many members are in different parts of the world (timezones) its just been like a week with no response at all?

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Does it work when you connect it to other computers running Windows 7?

Do other android phones work when plugged into that computer?

This would help determine if it was a problem with the phone or if it was a problem with the computer.

James

#6 TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I only have one Android phone and I am going to test it at my Dad's on his Vista or even his XP just to see, this is the first phone that I've had this issue with but this usb might be the issue cuz under Device Manager it says all drivers are up to date and no hardware changes?

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

#7 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is this a problem with seeing data on the phone like pictures or is it a problem with HTC's software (HTC Sync)?

If the issue is with the software, you should check their website
http://www.htc.com/www/support/

A couple of years ago I wrote an augmented reality app for Android and used an HTC Evo for my primary test device and remember that they tried to get me to use that software. I found it to be a little intrusive (though it may be different now) and never used it. I simply worked with the phone by connecting it to computers without installing any HTC software on the computers (both Linux and Windows 7) and never had a problem with it seeing the phone's storage.

James

#8 TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

My Win7 does not (recognize) my phone at all, HTC Sync according to my other forum 'XDA Developers' is not to be kept on your computer once you install drivers if thats the way you want to install them and I have all the SDK/ADB/Fastboot files plus the HTC drivers installed already also tried on my Father's Vista and no success so I assume its the usb cord?

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

#9 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

That may be it. As a test I found my HTC Evo Shift, charged it and then plugged it into a Win8, a Win 7, a Win XP and a Linux (Ubuntu) computer and all of them saw it fine with no HTC drivers installed.

Does it charge the battery when plugged into USB?

James

#10 PS4AndroidHacker

PS4AndroidHacker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

OK,here it goes,
1. You may want to install the Android SDK first and foremost so that you can run ADB commands(Android Debug Bridge)
2. Make sure you have the diagnostic drivers for the phone installed on your Windows 7, there is a difference between the normal operating drivers and the diagnostic drivers.(Usually when you install the Android SDK and update it, it will install them for you.
3. Like stated above, make sure you have the updated HTC Sync software from the HTC website.
4. Double check your device manager and make sure all drivers install correctly.

I'm an android guru as well as computers so thought I might help. You can check out www.xda-developers.com and check out their forums and there's much more information on the Android SDK and you could possibly download the diagnostic drivers from there as well. I have the same username in their forums if you would like to look me up. There's a lot of different stuff you can do with HTC phones and that's another story all in it's own. Read up on xda and find all the possibilities. Hope I could help out!!

EDIT: Just read your other post that I missed where you said you had the adb and sdk already. Try to find the diagnostic drivers. They let you work with the phone much more than what the standard drivers provide. Diagnostic drivers=success!

Edited by PS4AndroidHacker, 10 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#11 Jamebonds1

Jamebonds1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Is your USB mode on phone turned on?  MTP or PTP?  If not, it should be top of phone area then touch USB and turn on if possible.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users