Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help analyzing Wireshark data

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hrolsons

hrolsons

• Members
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have been having some network issues. I will go to a website and it says "Not Found" and then I do a refresh and all is good.

I'm running wireshark and this happened on amazon.com and I stopped the feed in hopes that I could find the error at the bottom of the logs. Can someone help me write a display filter to hopefully find out what is happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Have you tried cleaning out your browsers cache.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 hrolsons

hrolsons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 236 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yes, I run CCleaner often.

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

You cleared out cookies also, if not I would try that too.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#5 ComputerMedic2013

ComputerMedic2013

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Wireshark is a very rich and detailed program. I personally would not think of wireshark as a first go to for diagnosing an intermittent problem to a website or websites. The setup for a filter tends to get rather...interesting. I ran a quick search and found a "easy setup guide" @ http://openmaniak.com/wireshark_filters.php .

However, where I would start is connecting directly into your ISP's modem and try again to see if your issues persist. If they do, I would try another web browser, ( chrome, firefox, extc). If still happening, run a full system scan with malwarebytes @ malwarebytes.org. If no better result, I would check your Host file to see if it have been compromised: http://superuser.com/questions/104792/windows-xp-hosts-file-has-been-tampered-with . Let us know what you find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users