Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix Log Analysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sgisme

sgisme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I ran combofix and it recommends posting here for analysis.

The main problem i am having is that i have a payed malwarebytes pro version.
After installing it, I can select the "Enabled Protection" mode that will
have malwarebytes continuously run.

After I reboot, the application is now "protection disabled" and i am unable
to select either "Enable fileystem protection" or "Enable malicous website protection"

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is the combofix log

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Greetings sgisme and Welcome to the Forums,

Please do this:
Open Microsoft Security Essentials. Click the Settings tab.

In the left side pane, please locate the link labeled "Excluded files and locations" and click on it, then find the Browse button in the right pane. There, please navigate to and select "ProgramsFiles (x86)\Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware".

Once you've found and selected that folder, please click the Add button. This will instruct MSE to ignore any activity that MBAM wants to engage in and prevents any struggles that MBAM may be having with MSE.

Save these changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the MSE GUI, then close the program. Reboot at this point to properly record those changes to the hard disk. When the system comes back up, please do nothing for several minutes until the system is stable.

Open MBAM and click the Ignore List tab at the top. Click the Add button at the bottom and navigate to:
C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Security Client
...selecting this folder adds it to MBAM's ignore list as well.

Now close the application and reboot once more. When the system comes back up, please allow it to stabilize, then open MBAM again and click the Settings tab. Locate the options you want to activate and place a check in the appropriate box.

Next, click the Protection tab and again, make sure any options you want to activate are checked. Close the application and reboot one more time to properly record these changes to the hard disk.

When the system comes back up, MBAM and MSE should at least now be performing as best friends. Let us know if MBAM is now able to be configured to your liking. Thanks!

edit added:
By the way, that combofix log isn't so alarming but it does indicate that it's from the second time you scanned with the combofix utility. The log from your first scan might be more telling. Would you be able to produce that log for us?

Edited by 1972vet, 08 January 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#3 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Still with us sgisme?

mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

#4 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.

mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users