Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Turning Off Unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KIVA_P

KIVA_P

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

The computer which is my parents has a very strange problem. It's current OS is windows 8 which was previously Windows Vista Home Premium. Well, strangely the computer hangs on start-up where the manufacturers logo is displayed. Sometimes it starts, and sometimes it never does. However, when it does start it never stays on forever, it will suddenly crash, never display an error message and just restart with it hanging on the boot screen. Also, sometimes the boot screen is pix-elated (look at picture below). To fix this problem I reformatted the computer and upgraded it from windows vista to windows 8. However, it has not solve the problem and the computer keeps doing this random restarts and freezes.

I would also like to note that the computer sometimes never even starts and just makes weird noises from within the brain. I would like further help with this problem since everything I have tried has failed. I believe it may be a missing driver or perhaps something else. Please help.

Attached Files

Edited by KIVA_P, 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users