Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ruined network with regedit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Papercut1337

Papercut1337

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hello everyone. It literally took me 20 minutes just to register on this website, so I am pretty hopeless right now.
I came here because I have no any other solution and I need a professional advice..
This is what I did.. I wanted to lower my ping a bit on an online game, so like any other stupid kid I went to google and searched for a way.
What I found was a "simple" trick or whatsoever on regedit, all you need to do is add few lines. But when I did that, my network got destroyed. If I had a ping of 100 before, I've got 13k now. Loading a video on Youtube takes hours. Loading a simple page like this became unbearable.

I'll copy exactly what they said to do:

A few hints to lower your ping in many online games:
1) Run regedit and find the following location…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\
Parameters\Interfaces\
2) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) named “TcpAckFrequency” and set its value to “1″ under the desired interface.
3) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) named “TCPNoDelay” and set its value to “1″ as well.
4) Next, find this location…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters
5) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) naned “TCPNoDelay” and set its value to “1″.
6) Close regedit, reboot, and you’re done.

I tried deleting those lines, setting them to 0 to 2, back to 1. I tried using my regedit backup to delete what I did, I tried doing a system restore to a day ago.. a week.. even 2 months back. And nothing. Nothing can change back my internet, I don't know what this was. But it just ruined my internet forever,I'm clueless. Please help me if you can :(
Thank you.

Edited by boopme, 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Let's try a couple basic things first

Start > cmd.exe

Type:

ipconfig /all > Desktop\net.txt
ipconfig /release >> Desktop\net.txt
ipconfig /renew >> Desktop\net.txt
netstat -a >> Desktop\net.txt
netstat -s >> Desktop\net.txt

Press <enter> after each line

Once you have done this, copy and paste the contents of the net.txt on your desktop into your post

Note for staff: This should probably be moved to Windows 7, it doesn't appear to be a malware issue

Edited by MDTechService, 03 January 2013 - 06:28 PM.

If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#3 Papercut1337

Papercut1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Nobody knows? :\

Edited by Papercut1337, 04 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users