I came here because I have no any other solution and I need a professional advice..
This is what I did.. I wanted to lower my ping a bit on an online game, so like any other stupid kid I went to google and searched for a way.
What I found was a "simple" trick or whatsoever on regedit, all you need to do is add few lines. But when I did that, my network got destroyed. If I had a ping of 100 before, I've got 13k now. Loading a video on Youtube takes hours. Loading a simple page like this became unbearable.
I'll copy exactly what they said to do:
A few hints to lower your ping in many online games:
1) Run regedit and find the following location…
2) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) named “TcpAckFrequency” and set its value to “1″ under the desired interface.
3) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) named “TCPNoDelay” and set its value to “1″ as well.
4) Next, find this location…
5) Add a new DWORD (32-bit) naned “TCPNoDelay” and set its value to “1″.
6) Close regedit, reboot, and you’re done.
I tried deleting those lines, setting them to 0 to 2, back to 1. I tried using my regedit backup to delete what I did, I tried doing a system restore to a day ago.. a week.. even 2 months back. And nothing. Nothing can change back my internet, I don't know what this was. But it just ruined my internet forever,I'm clueless. Please help me if you can
Edited by boopme, 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM.