Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ab1183

ab1183

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi everyone. I hope someone here can help me with this most annoying problem I have been experiencing. I dont know what info you guys might need so I will try to include anything that might be useful. My computer is almost 2 year old Dell desktop with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.93 GHz processor and 8 GB Ram. OS is Windows Home Premium 7. About 6 months ago I had some sort of nasty virus. I had to take it to a professional and he ended up completely reinstalling my OS. Not long after I got the computer back it started to freeze up. It wouldnt do it all the time, only occasionaly and only when I was on youtube or when a website like espn that had videos that would automatically start playing. It has gotten progressively worse since, happening more often and now it happens even when Im just using Excel or something. The sound will start to almost sound like a stutter, the computer will be unresponsive for 1-3 minutes and then come back. Sometimes in the bottom right corner I get a message that says "Display driver Intel graphics accelerator drivers for Windows XP® stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I dont know what this means, but is it odd that it says "Windows XP" when I am running and always have run windows 7? And my intel's website tells me that my drivers are up to date. Also sometimes when I am typing the letters will lag, or not show up at all. Is this related to the computer freezing/hanging?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

If you right click on Computer and then Properties does it list the proper operating system?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ab1183

ab1183
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Windows 7 Home Premium

#4 letsrool

letsrool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

System runs so slow gettint to the enternet and siteso I am on ATT High Speed Internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users