Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gtbrmon.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blabby

Blabby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

After opening approx 6 web pages computer freezes and when I turn off I get an error "gtbrmon.exe" is not responding. Anybody know what this is and how to fix it?

Edited by Blabby, 03 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 . Do not paste the content into your next post...just post the link per instructions.

Louis

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

After opening approx 6 web pages computer freezes and when I turn off I get an error "gtbrmon.exe" is not responding. Anybody know what this is and how to fix it?

This MIGHT help----

http://www.removeonline.com/gtbrmon-exe/

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

If you think you may be infected with malware, the first place to start is in the "Am I Infected? What Do I Do?" forum. This is a centralized place where advanced members and staff can provide initial assistance with malware removal. If your issues cannot be resolved there, then you will receive further instructions as to what you need to do.

These members are inundated with work helping others like you, please be patient while waiting for a response.

I would also suggest that you not use a registry scanner, there are a lot of sites offering free scans, you need to ask yourself "where are they making money if this scan is free"?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi medab1
That website you recommended has a bad reputation for installing Malware as reported by users on Web Of Trust. It should be probably be avoided. There are enough safe websites around.

It appears that the file in question is part of a toolbar.
What browser are you using, removal instructions vary depending on the browser.

Thanks For Helping
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 05 January 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users