Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fans Start for 5 Seconds - Screen Stays Black

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andantesash

andantesash

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hi Guys,

The problem is - a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I replaced the screen on it the other week and all was working fine. After shutting it out down the other night, I pressed the power button on in the morning and the fans started as normal but lasted for about 5 seconds and the laptop was silent. The screen remained black and the power light stayed on.

I also noticed that when I use the touch pad for sound / bluetooth / wifi etc - the buttons light up when touching them.

I press in the power button to shut it off and nothing happens until the battery dies or I do a battery pull.

Any suggestions? I have replaced screens / ram / drivers / cpu's etc in the past on different laptops / pcs but this has become the strangest/hardest thing I have tried and can't figure it out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _mArs_

_mArs_

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

i had a similar issue with a laptop screen... start up... black screen... it would do this half a dozen times... i would have to hit the reset button with a paper clip... then eventually it would boot up with the screen... i never did find out why it did this. i just had to keep trying to turn it on... sometimes it would turn on after a few times... other times i would have to reset 6 or 7 times before i got the screen to turn on.

#3 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I have a similar issue with my laptop where the screen will turn black sometimes after booting up, or after being idle for a while. The way i solved the issue was by closing the screen about 75% of the way, and then reopening it. The screen comes back every time... not really sure what's going on here either but I'd rather not mess with the power settings so I'm content :)

Hope this helps you guys.
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

#4 andantesash

andantesash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Someone suggested making sure the magnets aren't jammed next to the hinge as this is like sleep mode when the lid is closed.

Could that be it?
If so, how do I check / fix that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users