Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu Phones

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Ubuntu Linux enters the smartphone wars

Tekken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 barpanda

barpanda

• Banned Spammer
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Interesting... although I don't suspect that these will do very well. I may be wrong, but I've been an iPhone user for quite some time now and I've tried to switch to Android multiple times, all of which I've been disappointed. The user interface, in my opinion, is top-tier and Android still has a long way to come. If, in the eyes of most iPhone owners and those that have been converted, Android still hasn't quite gotten it right then I don't suspect Ubuntu will nail it out of the gate. But it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this new mobile OS. Cool info! Thanks for sharing!

Chase

#3 barpanda

barpanda

• Banned Spammer
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Interesting... although I don't suspect that these will do very well. I may be wrong, but I've been an iPhone user for quite some time now and I've tried to switch to Android multiple times, all of which I've been disappointed. The user interface, in my opinion, is top-tier and Android still has a long way to come. If, in the eyes of most iPhone owners and those that have been converted, Android still hasn't quite gotten it right then I don't suspect Ubuntu will nail it out of the gate. But it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this new mobile OS. Cool info! Thanks for sharing!

Chase

Okay... so after spending a bit more time researching the upcoming ubuntu phone, I want to retract everything I said about ubuntu, withholding the undeveloped Android UI.

This thing is going to rock the mobile world IMO, they've developed an outstanding, unique GUI for their platform and I believe it's going to be the first device to give the iPhone a run for its money. Keep your eyes peeled for this thing!

Edited by barpanda, 16 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users