Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect virus and other viruses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LinearHam

LinearHam

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I had the google redirect virus a little while ago and I thought using system restore would take care of things, but the earliest backup date still had the virus. I downloaded kasperky, ran a scan, and it seemed to take care of everything, but kasperky still gives me the messages like "malware detected" every once in awhile. How do I completely rid of computer of any viruses it has?

Edited by hamluis, 03 January 2013 - 08:02 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am i Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hi, LinearHam! I'm going to try and help you out. :)

TDSSKiller

I need you to run a scan using TDSSKiller.

• Download TDSSKiller from here, and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click the file to launch the program. Once the program starts, click Start Scan. Don't change any default scan settings.
  • Once the scan is finished, you'll find a log in your root drive (usually C: ) that will start with TDSS in the file name, please copy and paste it into your reply.

Malwarebytes

I need you to run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• Download MBAM from here, and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click the installer to run it. During the installation, simply follow the prompts and let the program install. However, if you do not want to start a trial of the full version, please decline, and if offered any external toolbars/programs, feel free to uncheck to install them, unless you want them.
  • Once the program is done installing and updating, select the Perform full scan option on the main interface. The click the Scan button, hit Scan, and let the scan run.
  • Once the scan is finished, a log will pop up. If any malware was found, click the Show Results button, and make sure everything present is checked and click Remove Selected. If MBAM asks you to reboot, do so immediately. Either way, please copy and paste the log into your reply. If your PC is rebooted, you can find the log by opening up MBAM and going to the Logs tab.

AdwCleaner

I need you to run AdwCleaner to see if it removes anything.

• Download AdwCleaner from here, and save it to your desktop.
  • Close all open programs.
  • Open the file on your desktop, and click the Delete button. Confirm operations at every prompt. Your PC will be rebooted after the final prompt.
  • Once rebooted, a text file will open up. Please copy and paste it into your reply.

RogueKiller

I need you to run RogueKiller to see if it removes anything.

• Download RogueKiller from here, and save it to your desktop.
  • Close all open programs.
  • Double click the file on your desktop. Once the automatic check completes, hit the Scan button.
  • Once the full scan has finished, click on the Delete button. Once it's done removing things, open the newest log on your desktop (should be called RKreport[2].txt) and copy and paste it into your reply.

Please tell me how the computer is running in your next reply.

Gunto

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users