Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying new laptop keyboard on ebay?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

My acer 4810T keyboard has a few keys missing/hanging off so I decided to buy a new one. But I am wondering how careful I need to be about the quality of the product? They all seem to be the same but the prices range from 9 pounds to 40 pounds. For example, here is the cheapest option, coming from Hong Kong. Would it be a good quality product? (or at least as bad as my original that is falling apart haha).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Acer-Aspire-Timeline-3810-3810T-3410T-3820T-4810T-4410T-UK-Keyboard-Glossy-/270940802659?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Keyboards&hash=item3f15548e63

Edited by boopme, 03 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jelerak

Jelerak

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Looks like a good deal, as with anything, you get what you pay for. Doesn't look like it is falling apart yet, but pictures can be deceiving:) Read the feedback and just have to make your own decision.

#3 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Well the thing is all the sellers seem to sell 100s of different items, i dont see anyone complaining about bad quality but still. And like i said the original wasnt that good anyway.... 4 keys from all different areas of the keyboard are already damaged or completely gone...... :/

#4 Jelerak

Jelerak

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Also want to look at shipping time, if item is bad and you have to ship back so they can send new one, blah, blah, blah. Closer is better also.

#5 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Pretty good seller rating. Defective return shipping times would be the biggest caveat to this, and I would assume that any return postage would be buyer-paid. I am often wary of overseas sellers, but I've bought a few things out of Hong Kong and China, and although the quality isn't that of something from a "name brand" manufacturer, I've had no major complaints for what I've paid.

This is the manufacturer environment, Asia. They produce thousands of these keyboards, and local resellers purchase them in bulk at prices so low you would wonder where the profit is.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#6 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

If you only need replacement keys go here - a lot cheaper than replacing the entire keyboard.

http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users