Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

advanced system protector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cyberpenpal

cyberpenpal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

malwarebytes does not remove this, and cnet has it as a legit download. they even review it.
had to delete the program files (x86) advanced system protector folder to get rid of it.
malwarebytes didnt even find it much less get rid of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

This is because it is a legitimate,albeit terrible,Antivirus.

The first method ofuninstalling should be this (Vista and Win7 example)

1. Click Start button on your taskbar and select Control Panel.

2. Under Programs category, click on Uninstall a Program option.

3. On the next page, select Advanced System Protector and click on Uninstall option.

4. Click the Yes button when prompted to uninstall the program.

5. Reboot

This will remove Advanced System Protector from your system.

If that wasn't enough ..
Re-install it, boot to Safe Mode, use Revo Unintaller Free.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hello cyberpenpal -
You did not reply to if you have now installed a better Antivirus program, so I thought I might add a small note to help you. :)

It is really dangerous to go online without a decent antivirus, and a Firewall.
Without one, you are extremely likely to get infected. I can't tell you which one is the best because determining that is generally not feasible.
However, I can give you recommendations for programs that I have tested and that I trust.

All of the following are excellent, provided free (not free trials of) antiviruses - Be sure to only ever install one on your computer at any time.This can be added to with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free or in paid / active versions -

I hope this information helps you.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users