Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi connection crashes the computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yeky83

yeky83

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hi, I'm trying to fix up a laptop for a friend. It's a Toshiba Satellite L555-S7005, running Windows 7.

Problem
When I connect to a wireless network (wifi), the computer slows down to oblivion. I don't understand. I've never seen a computer issue like this. So it goes like:

Turn on computer
Everything works fine, until...
Connect to wifi
The computer starts slowing down
~30 seconds later, freezes.
(sometimes goes into the blue screen of death)

What does work
The computer works fine in Safe Mode with Networking on. I can connect to wifi and the computer functions no problem in Safe Mode.

What I've tried
I've tried uninstalling, downloading and installing the wireless driver for this computer.
I ran Avast and Malwarebyte, full scans on both. It detected some things, and I deleted/quarantined them. No change in the problem.

So I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe it's a hardware issue? But computer works fine with wireless on in Safe Mode, so I don't think so...? If it's a software issue, not sure what to do.

Please help! Thanks!
(Not sure where this post would belong, so posting on Windows 7 forum section. Please redirect if needed.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users