I too came to this website for assistance with Spywarequake. After many hours of searching, I finally found out that you can make this go away by following these instructions.
1. Go into your control panel and click on Add/Remove Programs.
2. Find the Spywarequake program and remove it.
3. Close out of the Add/Remove screen and also close your Control Panel.
4. Open My Computer and your C drive.
5. Open the Windows file. It may say that these files if changed could damage your operations, but open
6. Scroll down to the System 32 folder and open it. Again, you may be warned that changing these files
could damage your operation, but don't be scared...open the System 32 folder.
7. Scroll down to the file stickrep.dll.
8. RIGHT CLICK ON THE FILE stickrep.dll and choose Rename from the drop down menu.
9. Rename the file using your first name, followed by".dll".
10. Close all windows and Restart your computer.
This should remove the self-loading of the Spywarequake process, without changing any other functions of your computer. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, but I THINK it will work on any operating system. I don't know. I do know that I no longer have the icons in my system tray or the annoying pop-ups. All my research has been done over the past 24 hours after my Grandchildren were playing on my pc. Please let me know at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx how this worked out for you so I can proceed with other research. Good luck, I've been told by several programmers that there is no cure for this problem but found out on the BC forums what file had the problem and after performing these actions I am no longer bothered by the problems it caused.
pthfixMod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you might want.
Edited by tg1911, 27 March 2006 - 03:09 PM.