Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Randomly.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaStyleZ

NinjaStyleZ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hey everyone. First off thanks for taking the time to look at this thread as this is a problem that is making me mad continuously. So i'll start at the beginning.

About 2 months back i had this issue and ended up doing a fresh installation which seemed to fix the problem until now. I keep getting these blue screens here and i'll post the information here now. Let me know if you need anything.

The File names associated with this while using Blue Screen View are these.
Bug Check String = SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
dxgmms1.sys 0x0000007e
hal.dll
This was the first blue screen
Bug Check String = SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
ndis.sys+3e0cb 0x0000003b
ntoskrnl.exe+7e569
This was the second. I tried to attach the minidump files here which did not work. If you need me to list greater information let me know. Heres what i've done so far. I ran MemTest which passed 5 times. I ran a Hard Drive Diagnostic on a Seagate Drive which passed. I tested the Power Supply which is working great and with no issues. When i initially did research on this - I found that it seemed to be the graphics card but after the fresh installation..It worked great for two months. I'm pretty much at a loss of what i should do next.

When this computer does blue screen - It freezes for a whole second then comes up. It can be during playing a game or doing pretty much anything. I also updated my Graphics Card before and after blue screens which didn't seem to help me at all. Also - I noticed some other forum topics to which i found others have more information than i do. Instruct me as to how to give you that information and i will be more than glad to help you. Thank you guys i highly appreciate this as this is past my current ability / knowledge.

Now i've gotta 2 more blue screens since then. I tried using WhoCrashed which let me know it was from a driver issue yet i do not know how correct that is. I really need help with this one.. I will give any and all needed information.

My Specifications are as follows:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-PC
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model CM1630
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0401, 6/21/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Owner-PC\Owner
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 6.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.91 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.83 GB
Page File Space 6.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Pre-Built - ASUS - CM1630-08
The Only Custom Items within the computer are - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 and the Power Supply being a 700W PSU made by Cooler-Master.

Edited by NinjaStyleZ, 01 January 2013 - 10:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NinjaStyleZ

NinjaStyleZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have also run scans on using Microsoft Security Essentials which found nothing - Spybot which removed 8 light issues - MalwareBytes found nothing - TDSSKiller found nothing. So i know a Virus is not the cause. I experienced this 2 months back yet with a difference - I was unable to post after one blue screen. I ended up using contact cleaner on the RAM slots. Cleaned the CPU/Heatsink. Checked the connections. I ended up using the CMOS Jumper and reset it which worked and allowed the computer to post. I was seconds away from ordering a new motherboard. I have another motherboard i can test with at work yet i wanted to know if anyone knew anything concerning this problem i'm having. Thanks in advance for any help anyone gives me!

Edited by NinjaStyleZ, 01 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/chipsets/7-series-integrated/pages/amd-760g-chipset.aspx

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-460

Visit the two websites and update your drivers. For your reference, you have the AMD 760G chipset.

I'm fairly certain the problem is caused by the graphics card, so if updated chipset and grahpic drivers don't resolve the issue, we may remove the card to either eliminate or verify it as the cause.

At this point I don't think we're looking at the possibility of a RAM/CPU/heat issue or a malware infection.

Edited by MDTechService, 01 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 NinjaStyleZ

NinjaStyleZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Alright. I'll update those asap. Thank you for your prompt reply since this has been driving me nuts. I will keep you updated on tonight if it happens. Would the dump files help you at all with this issue? Let me know if anything else is needed. Thanks again.

#5 NinjaStyleZ

NinjaStyleZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I completed both and finished updating both of them. I was on the computer and i blue screened 2 more times. Here is the information for them from WhoCrashed.

On Thu 1/3/2013 2:43:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000318F1FE, 0xFFFFF8800ABCEAB0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 1/3/2013 2:31:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010213-17893-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x1ACB0)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF8A00A416240, 0xFFFFF8A00A416240, 0xFFF7F8A00A416240)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 1/2/2013 2:20:03 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010113-15615-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002E7BEC5, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 1/1/2013 5:40:00 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010113-15412-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x35FD38)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800031B2D38, 0xFFFFF880031AF988, 0xFFFFF880031AF1E0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Mon 12/31/2012 7:27:43 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123112-19734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000300F617, 0xFFFFF8800A91D520, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Sun 12/30/2012 6:43:01 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123012-16738-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x20F00)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880043C1F00, 0xFFFFF880027D46A8, 0xFFFFF880027D3F00)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

If this is a directX Issue - Is there anything i can do.. I've already done a complete reinstallation of everything and this computer worked for 2 months...Would i need to do this again? I'm really hoping it can be fixed.. Any ideas everyone?

#6 Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Try removing RAM, clean them a bit using an eraser, then wipe off the remains (do not use the eraser on the PCB, use it on the pins), then place your RAM back in, then try to boot.. Also you might want to try to clear CMOS..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users