, and welcome to the Malware Response forum!
My name is bloopie
and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can!
A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
- If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
I need to first ask you if this machine is a laptop that could be prone to overheating? That could cause the system to crash as well as run slowly.
Another thing: You have two Antivirus Programs running simultaneously...could be another cause for the system to be slow. Please follow this next instruction:
I do not recommend that you have more
than one anti-virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti-virus products to cause "false alarms
". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms
: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems
: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore please go to add/remove in the control panel and remove either AVG
or Microsoft Security Essentials
. My suggestion would be to uninstall AVG and leave MSE.
It also looks like you've run Combofix on this machine...please look for the log it makes at C:\Combofix.txt
and paste it's contents into your next reply.
I'd like you to run these tools for me next:Step
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here
and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
- Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- Note*** If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt"
. Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.
==========Step Run RogueKiller
Download RogueKiller from here
and save it to your desktop.
- Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.
- Right-click RogueKiller.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
- Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click Delete.
- When the Status box shows "Deleting Finished", click Report and then copy and paste the log in your next reply.
- The log can also be found at RKreport.txt on your desktop.
==========In your next reply, please include the following:
- The Combofix log
- The TDSSKiller log
- The RogueKiller log