Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very ODD Symptoms, Limited Internet Speed, Possible Key Logger. Slow computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EbonyKnight

EbonyKnight

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hi there I am not sure what you would like me to post here, but I believe my computer is infected, oddly enough I am somewhat enjoying this weird issue as I have been able to discover interesting websites like this one to get help. I have been in computers since the Commodore VIC20, I have defeated and rid computers of tons of viruses but this one has got me going around in circles to the point where I cannot tell if I am infected or not. I could just wipe the computer and reinstall windows but I believe something is on my computer but hell if I can find it. I have always been mostly on the hardware side of things and have not dabbled on on the software side of things alot.

I have posted on other sites about my issues with my computer and have received no responses, so I am not sure if my issue is no one knows what to do or what. Please let me know what logs or programs you would like me to run. These are the things I believe to be symptoms:

Limited Internet Bandwidth I have a 100Mbit/sec Connection that is limited to specifically 7.5 MBits/sec, i have other systems running on the same network that have no issue achieving the 100Mbits/sec bandwidth.

I cannot use On Screen Keyboard at all it fails to load, one of my Online games I play my account got hacked via the virus or keylogger grabbing my password and email address to log in to the game.

for quite sometime I could not install Windows Update Security Patch:

Security Update for Windows (KB2724197)

Installation date: ‎12/‎21/‎2012 2:12 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Fix for KB2724197

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2724197

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

I finally downloaded an off line update disconnected from Internet and was able to install it. Now trying to install any further security updates are failing as well. This makes me think something has an active connection to my computer.

Update: I thought KB2724197 had installed according to the LOG above it has but Windows Update Still it still trying to install it. Please Help.

I also noticed about 2 weeks ago I uninstalled Java completely from my computer and now I just went into Control Panel and 3 New Java programs are installed and I know I did not install them:

Java 6 Update 38
Java SE Development Kit 6
Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Not sure how these got here I am trying to remove them right now.

This is WAY beyond me, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Completely Confused and Praying for help.

Edited by EbonyKnight, 01 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Welcome,Let's take a look.

Run JavaRa

• Please download JavaRa and unzip it in a folder on your desktop.
  • Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • Click on Settings and Place a checkmark beside Create a log file. Click on Back.
  • Click on Update JavaRa Definitions. Click on download. When this is done click on Back.
  • Choose Remove JRE, since you already uninstalled Java, please click on Next.
  • Now click on Perform Removal Routine to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • When that's succesfully done, please click OK to close the message.
  • Click on Next. Since you already downloaded the latest version of Java, please click on Next.
  • Now click on Close this wizard and click Finish.
  • From the main menu please choose Additional Tasks
  • Place a checkmark beside Remove Outdated JRE Firefox Extentions and click Run. Mozilla Firefox should be closed before running this task.
  • When that's succesfully done you will see a message at the top saying: "Selected tasks completed successfully".
  • A log file should be created in the same directory as JavaRa.
  • Please post the log in your next reply.
  • Close JavaRa by clicking the red cross button.

MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
>>>

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

>>>>

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image
      icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Edited by boopme, 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 EbonyKnight

EbonyKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thank you I will run these now would you like me to post the Logs on here once they are done ? I have 7 hard drives connected to my computer should I scan them all?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Well,if they all store executable files,yes.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 EbonyKnight

EbonyKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Ok well they are still scanning, lots of false positives so far... do i post the body of the reports in the reply or attach them as a file ?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Copy/paste the body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users