Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conflict with iTunes and Alcohol 120%

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hello, The other day I installed iTunes on my laptop, no problems there, but later when I tried to run a dvd it would not run, and while checking in device manager I noticed a code 19 error on the DVD drive. I deleted the upper and lower filters from the registry as is the norm for a code 19 error and restarted my system, I could now see the cd/dvd drive in 'my computer' and it worked fine, but the cause of this was bugging me so I checked my recent activity over the last couple of days and realized that it could only have been a problem relating to the iTunes download, and, sure enough if I try to run iTunes I get the message "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing, this can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please re-install iTunes, my default cd/dvd burning software is Alcohol 120% and is my preferred choice, I am now wondering how I can run iTunes without the same problem re-occuring?. Any ideas!.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Can't you simply tell your preferred program to be the default? Also tell iTunes not to do anything when CD/DVD's are inserted? I am pretty sure that iTunes has this option. I would try a full reinstall of iTunes to make sure it is fully functional and then make the proper selections in associations or preferences for each program.
What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users