Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost,don't know what to do

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maymartin

maymartin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I have had 3 users on my computer since i've had it.I don't know what I have done wrong,but I can only use my husbamds user name or my sons.I am the administrator of this computer but when I try to use my user name and email,the computer gets real slow and if I open up email all the way ,I get an error message about my internet exploror.Its asked me if I want to send a message about the problem.I have answered "yes" and I have done "no".
The only thing different that I have done is I tried to download Internet 9 before I knew I couldn't.I have looked to see if I could take it back off but its not listed on my computer that it has been downloaded. Please someone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hello and Welcome
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Click on This M/soft FixIt
Note After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. You do not have to reinstall the earlier version.

Please let us know if this works for you -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Hi -
As a reply to your PM -
You said that you could log on as Admin, but it was just "slow" in most actions ..........
Open the Admin account, now try to access Control Panel > Add / Remove > Make sure the box, Show Updates (top right) is ticked.

You do not need Internet Explorer to do any of this - You can even turn off your internet fully -

Now see if you can find any mention of Internet Explorer and remove it.

Do you have any other browser installed (Firefox / Opera / Safari / etc)

EDIT - Can you operate OK in Safe Mode with Networking -

Edited by noknojon, 01 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

<<As a reply to your PM ->>

Please...do not conduct forum business by PM.

This policy gives the OP the advantage of receivng inputs from more than one person, as opposed to suggestions/advice from a single member whose knowledge/experience certainly cannot be equated to the many members of the BC forum community.

It's not perfect...but the percentages are awfully high that the end result will be better for all parties.

Louis

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thanks hamluis -
My reply was to tell the maymartin that the PM setup is not for questions, otherwise I would have replied by PM, not here -
Therefore my reply was on the board only -

PM was only that FixIt will not work outside of Admin Account, so if anyone has more ideas, please help maymartin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users