Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Out of Memory Messages on Netflix and Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiscoingGD

DiscoingGD

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hello, I just got a new HP laptop on Black Friday: Windows 8, 8gb RAM, Intel Core i5 3210M, and I'm using 32-bit Internet Explorer 10. When on IE10 watching Netflix or playing Minecraft, I have gotten Out of Memory messages. Restarting the tab usually fixes the problem, but this is a new computer so I don't know why it's doing this. I don't have many windows open and the task manager doesn't show anything being maxed out. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DiscoingGD

DiscoingGD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Idk if I was being clear before: The out of memory errors were from Netflix and Minecraft, not from my computer. It would happen in the middle of the video or game. Any help is appreciated!!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

When you get these errors, do not close them, and go into Task Manager->Process tab to see how much memory does it show the particular process using? Also go into the Task Manager performance tab and click on Memory to see how much total memory is being used.

Even though you have 8GBs of RAM, 32 bit apps can only use up to 4GB of memory. With that said, I would be very surprised if Netflix/IE 10 or Minecraft was using that much memory, but you never know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users