Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen O' Death on Toshiba Satelite 550

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scott E.

Scott E.

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hello again, knowledgeable people.

My wife's laptop has been a little testy lately and for a while was giving me black screens (cursor was visable and would move but nothing else on the screen). I was finally able to do a checkdisk and it allegedly fixed some problems on the drive. I booted to last known good config and all was going well.

For about a week.

Now I'm back to the black screen. I tried booting into the repair console and that didn't work. Tried safe mode and last known good config and neither of those worked..All bring me back to the black screen.

Anyone help? :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users