Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tool for cookie deletion similar to CCleaner?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I use CCleaner on my laptop for ensuring that cookies and other browser files are deleted.
Is there a similar tool / app for Android and Apple smartphones?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lamenralus

Lamenralus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I use one called History Eraser, it clears all browser history and app cache, although i'm not entirely sure if it clears out cookies as well. It claims to be similar to "ccleaner" according to the description.

#3 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

From the description, does not appear to delete cookies.

Anything else folks?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Don't know anything about Apple products. Each installed Android browser has a specific way to clear cookies. Let us know which browser you use and we can help you clear cookies when closing the browser.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

From a brief search on the Web: 13 things your iPhone can do you don't know about | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au

Here’s what you do: Go to “settings”, “Safari” and then switch “private browsing” to “on”. While you’re at it, clear your history, cookies and data by hitting “clear history”, and “clear cookies and data”.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 iceman85

iceman85

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

If you simply clean history of your browser, it will also delete all cookies i believe.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

In Dolphin you have to tick the box to clear cookies when closing the browser. Latest update it's not ticked by default. Or wasn't when I looked last time.

Most of them have a place in settings to either ask or include clearing cookies on browser closing.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users