Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Parts upgrade and reinstalled, now no video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kev6987

kev6987

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hi all,

I have an E5400 in a Gigabyte GA-73PVMS2H w/ 4GB RAM, and it's been running fine for at least 6-12 months. Last night, I pulled it out to put in a new mobo, CPU and RAM, but had to abort due to a hardware problem. I put the original parts back in, and while the computer turns on, I get no video output, and no POST. I've already tried reseating the RAM and CPU and clearing the CMOS, and my power supply tester says it's good. I do notice that the power supply's fans turn on immediately when power is applied, and the CPU fan come on right after clearing the CMOS, but I don't think it does on subsequent power-ups. I'm also unable to shut it off by holding in the power button. I know it's not a short with the case, as the same thing happens if I power on with the mobo lifted out of the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Do you have a discrete graphics card? Have you tried to use the on-board graphics? Other than that only possibility I can see is you might have damaged your motherboard while removing it from the case since for months it's been running fine until that night you removed them and placed them back again.

#3 kev6987

kev6987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

I tried with both dedicated graphics and on-board video, same result. I opened a case w/ Gigabyte, but they're closed for the new year, so I'll have to wait a couple of days for their reply. But I'm open to any other suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users