Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Firewall Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Problem?

Problem?

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am also having the same problem,

I have had some malware(s) that I THINK i have removed but not sure, however some of the effects are happening still..

This seems to be a clever programme as when opening macafee it shows below

Posted Image

however when you go into the options it shows that it is disabled:

Posted Image

as described by Kingpicollo when you click to turn it on it instanstly goes to off. Quite concerned about the fact that Macafee seems powerless to whatever has infected it and now seems to be able to change how it displays and works without giving any indication that it's been affected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer, first off lets start by downloading malwarebytes antimalware from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ download it and update the database and run a full scan. Once its done post the log here and then we'll see what happens next. Also just a quick warning; These Instructions are for the thread poster only! Using instructions that are given to someone else can be dangerous and could result in damage to the system. If anyone reading this besides the thread poster has the same issue I suggest you start your own thread instead of following instructions that are not for you.

Edited by firemaster1337, 30 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users