Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Right Click on Desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

2nd day with new machine using Windows 8. When I right click to either paste something on the desktop, or if I just want to right click to open the screen resolution, view, sort by, refresh etc. window/box, it takes sometimes between 15 and 30 seconds to open it or paste something. Then while waiting, I get 2 to 3 NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 305.93 error boxes that pop up. Inside the boxes it asks me, "Do you want to send more information about the problem? Under that, it says, "Additional details about what went wrong can help Microsoft create a solution. I then have a choice to view details, send information, or cancel. Here is the details info from the error message:

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_nvvsvc.exe_7474d2b2b684b25c65e4bd57bf7989eb49e66b1_cab_0e03fcdf\WERFCA2.tmp.hdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Whatever option I chose, when done, it normally closes. But, if I need to right click again on the desktop for whatever reason, the same happens again.

I checked in the device manage to ensure that my video drivers are up to date and they are.

This problem only occurs on the primary user account. When I go to the secondary user's account and navigate to their desktop, the right click functions perfectly normal without any delay at all.

Can someone help me to fix this problem? Right now I am thankful I still have Windows 7 on my other machine, which runs a lot faster and the right click is instantaneous. I hope that the right click will be fast on this new machine, this just has me really boggled.

Edited by hYlAnDeR~TFC, 30 December 2012 - 08:34 PM.

hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hYlAnDeR~TFC

hYlAnDeR~TFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well,

Disregard this one. Evidently, mysteriously and miraculously, the problem has fixed itself after I rebooted.

Thanks in advance though for anyone who was working on this one.
hYlAnDeR~TFC~
[OF/FA] Orion Faction-Retired
Game Squad Fleet Admiral~Retired

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for letting us know its resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users