Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI MoneyPak Ransomware now MORE POWERFUL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrmatt2

mrmatt2

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi, Hope you can help.

Been infected with the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning MoneyPak Ransomware;
I read the information here under "Virus Removal"
However, even in safe mode, the screen is locked by virus, for all users and administrator.

Virus takes about 2- 4 seconds to remove desktop and lock it both in safe mode and normal mode
I have an old RKill on my desktop which even though I am able to click it before the virus locks the screen, it does not seem to end the virus, which could be due to a few reasons I guess.

As recommended here, I have downloaded the iExplore.exe Rkill just now to a flash drive - can this be engaged to the computer...not sure how to do this

I have Windows XP Home

Hope you can help!

Thanks so much!!

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hello, I have asked someone that specializes in this to look here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi mrmatt2,

My name is etavares and I'll be helping you with this issue. I also moved it to the Malware Removal Forums since you definitely are infected.

I'm guessing you don't have enough time to click on Rkill from the flash drive when you boot into Windows? If you boot into safe mode with command prompt, does the warning pop up?

-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 mrmatt2

mrmatt2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thank you etavares, initially I asked for help in the forums where one pastes malware log files, I immediately re-posted & said it was a mistake I did this, but they seem to be wanting to help me anyway. So right now there is someone helping. Sorry I did not see your note earlier. Thanks though!

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users