Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows print spooler service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chalyne

Chalyne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I am trying to install an HP printer. The installation will not complete because I get the error message "windows print spooler service has stopped". I've tried right clicking on the spooler and choosing 'start'. This does not work. I cannot even uninstall the printer. I get this "Error -2081883393: Failed to uninstall CN28U1BM2X05QT devce. The windows Print Spooler Service could not be started and must be running in order for the installation to succeed....."

Edited by hamluis, 30 December 2012 - 07:07 PM.
Moved from XP to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chalyne

Chalyne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Also, when going through these steps:
"Start", "Control Panel", "Administrative Tools", "Services", "Print Spooler", double-click on spooler, choose start, i get this message: "Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Worth a look, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup-e-g-Windows-8/Uninstalling-HP-Officejet-8600/td-p/1064099

Seems to occur often enough, Error 2081883393

Louis

#4 Chalyne

Chalyne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thank you. While this did not directly solve my issue, it did lead me to another link that did.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/61fab6ef-b0de-4a03-88ff-ffd473b0c2a6

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

:thumbup2: , nice work...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users