Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thrillofhorror

thrillofhorror

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have been trying to figure out why my parents computer will be fine and dandy and then it just goes to a black screen. I have not seen it myself yet. I looked through everything I can think of. I did the HP scan on everything. I do not have the code that he says pops up when he shuts down by the CPU button. I cannot find anything in the error registry except for the AVG optimizer. I know that the free trial is up and that pops up all the time. But, I just don't see how that can do anything to the monitor. I am thinking it might be the video card or the actual monitor itself might be going bad. I saw through my browsing the mini tool box download, would this be a way of narrowing the safari hunt I have going on? I am stumped on this one. I have read all the diagnostics that can be read and nothing is showing up...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hello Thrillofhorror and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Happy New Year.

I would like for you to post the make and model number of the suspect computer and any other information you can provide such as attached hardware and we'll take it from there.

Thank you.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users