Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external hard drive driver problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I have a 128 GB external hard drive with 2 32GB partitions, 2 16GB partitions, & 2 8GB partitions (partitions made using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition) that I use each partition as a back-up for each separate uses (like the one 32GB partition for pictures) since I was told by multiple people that Flash Drives are not good for backup because they can fail or die at any time...

the issue I have with this drive is that EVERY TIME I plug the external drive in, it installs the driver like if it was the first time I inserted the drive!!! if I unplug the external drive at ANY point or even just restart my computer, Windows installs a driver for the drive like if it was the first time it saw this drive!!!

I don't know where the driver is going and why it NEEDS to install the driver EVERY TIME I plug the drive in!!! can someone help me figure it out???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluetech

bluetech

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

FIRST ... i dont understand why you have all of those partitions you are not booting multiply O.S...... with that said .... go into your disk management and make sure your partitions have drive letters assigned. if all looks good..... i would back up the drive back on to the computer and remove all of those partitions. IF that doesnt work there could be a hardware issue ... change the usb cable, or it could be something going on with the controller with in the external drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users