Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After windows update. No keyboard or mouse.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Makdag15

Makdag15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Im a novice btw.

System specs if needed:
i7-3770k
Asus Sabertooth z77
16 gb corsair vengeance
850 watt corsair power supply
gtx 670

Its a few problems im running into. No ps2 port and the cmos battery is covered by a black shield. No other computer to use btw. Was wondering if it was any other way to fix the problem. I put a picture of the motherboard in the attachments. Its a bios button on the back of the motherboard but ive tried holding it down while i booted the machine and it still didnt work. It also said to use the delete key with the bios button but i have no keyboard or mouse.

Would a wired usb keyboard/mouse work? Im guessing no since i think im having driver issues...

Any help would be appreciated...

Edited by Makdag15, 30 December 2012 - 06:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'd try replacing the CMOS battery. IME, a failing battery can cause unusual system hardware configuration problems.

If you go that route...please remember to reset date/time data in the BIOS after replacing with a new battery.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users