Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from New Member

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedYellowBlue

RedYellowBlue

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:24 PM

I joined your site after my pc became infected with the CWS SWAPX infection. Great resource, everyone. I do have a problem that someone with pc know-how might be able to help me with. I've downloaded Highjack This, used it to scan, and have referred to the resultant log. According to the BC's info, the scan log should contain an 020 entry. If it doesn't, I might not have this infection.

Well, it doesn't, so I might not. The instructions then go on to advise me to post the Hijack This log in this forum. Should I post the log for general consumption or wait until someone replies? I'm new at this, and this virus has stimulated my vulnerable-PC paranoia.

Looking forward to some help on this. Thanks, All.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:29 PM

:thumbsup:

If you post your log here: Hi Jack This topic, then it will get the eye of those when specialize in these logs. Be sure to read the pinned threads, prior to your post, and your fix will be much faster.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 RedYellowBlue

RedYellowBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

Thanks, Jason. Done and done.

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

Hi, and welcomeRedYellowBlue, ah which is it I'm speaking to? Oh, Blue... pleased to meet chue. :trumpet: I can't attest to fastfix, but they do occur. :flowers: BTW, JEServices is right 'bout that location, and General Consumption? No, we haven't had any reports of the reports being eaten. Take a look through a haffa'adozen of 'em and you'll see, each one is checked over by someone & you're given some recommendations about how to use HijackThis! and possibly other software tools to rid yourself of the malware crud. How to avoid it in the future too. Must be tough leavin' the MAC & joinin' the mainstream where all the mudd is. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 RedYellowBlue

RedYellowBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:59 PM

Thank you, Phawgg. I must admit, I do love a Mac. But a gift of a shiny new PC is not to be taken lightly; especially when one's Mac is a seasoned member of the geriatric ward. Despite my pc security-oriented bells and whistles, I suspect I'm going to be making some more visits here. Squishy Mac-dom didn't equip me with the street smarts I apparently need to navigate the perils of the PC world...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users