Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Exploring Has Stopped Working error

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rick_S

Rick_S

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I am running Vista home basic. My wife sent me an e-mail to install a coupon printer, she had installed on her laptop no problem. Once it finishes installing I get an error Internet Explorer has stopped working. Windows can checck online for a solution and I select Check Online for a solution and close the program then I get an error that says Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage. What can you do: Go to your homepage or try to return to coupons.com, if I try to return to coupons.com I get the same errors again if I return to homepage I have no problems. No matter how many times I restart I will get error if I go to coupons.com until I uninstall the Coupon printer which is no big deal I can uninstall the printer but I believe there is something else going on because my wife has installed the coupon printer on all our computers and none of the others have had this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

How to install Coupon Printer FAQ - http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/help/print/faqs.html Check the running w/out add-ons in internet explorer and using Firefox as alternative.

Tekken

#3 Rick_S

Rick_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

If you are talking about enabling cpbrkpie where it has the instructions
In Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher:
1.Click "Tools" and select "Manage Add-ons" (in version 7 select "Enable or Disable Add-ons")
2.Under "Toolbars and Extensions", select "Show: All Add-ons" (in version 7 select "Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer")
3.Under the Name column, the "cpbrkpie control" extension by "Coupons, Inc." must be Enabled
4.If it is Disabled, right-click the entry and select "Enable", or click the "Enable" button at the bottom-right corner
5.Close the Manage Add-ons window and print your coupon

I have checked and it is enabled

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I am running Vista home basic. My wife sent me an e-mail to install a coupon printer

Hello -
You do not mention Your O/S and if it is the same as wifes system, also if you are trying to use the same version browser.
As these were sent as an e-mail attach (or written directions) the matching browsers may be lated.

Settings between F/fox versions and I.E.8 or I.E.9 etc may differ - You only quote I.E.6 & 7, both are now outdated -
Are both computers the same or not ??

Personally I would only be reading this line - How do I uninstall the CouponBar?

Edited by noknojon, 29 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#5 Rick_S

Rick_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

The wife is using Windows 7, we are both using IE9. I actually went to the website and tried to install straight from the website instead of the email. And had the same problem. I can live without having the coupon printer, I am not that concerned with that so much, but there has to be something that is preventing it from installing. I tried to run like every microsoft fix their is. It is more of why won't it work than I need this to work. I have had problems with this computer before. I have been getting the Internet Explorer has stopped working error on alot of websites, this is the first time that I have been able to replicate it over and over. Just opening up this forum to see the post you left, I got an Internet Exporer is not responding and had to recover the webpage and that was with coupon printer uninstalled.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Most likely, an add-on/toolbar is conflicting or the security settings of your browser was set too high. But try clearing your cache files by using Free Ccleaner first.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-Internet-Explorer-Security-settings -> See the default settings. If everything is set already, go to next site.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings-in-Internet-Explorer-9 - Read the Warning sign also.

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Tekken

#7 Rick_S

Rick_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I ran CC Cleaner, Reset the IE9 Setting and tried to install the coupon printer again and no luck, I uninstlled coupon printer ran cc cleaner again and reset the IE9 setting and ran the scuritycheck here is file,

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.56
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Disabled!
Norton Security Suite
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Secunia PSI (2.0.0.4003)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000
CCleaner
Java™ 6 Update 37
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Reader 8 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Adobe Reader 10.1.4 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Google Chrome 23.0.1271.95
Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Norton ccSvcHst.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 4 % Defragment your hard drive soon! (Do NOT defrag if SSD!)
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Please remove spybot from the system and update your Java 32 bit(x86)by downloading windows offline file version 7u10(i586) >download here<. Disable your IE9 popup blocker by Tools menu - Popup Blocker - Turn off...
You might need to turn off as well your Antivirus firewall/real time protection before running the exe file as suggested here.

Tekken

#9 Rick_S

Rick_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I removed spybot and tried to install couppon printer and received same error, I turned off pop up blocker and installed java update and tried to install coupon printer and received same error, I turned off smart firewall and realtime protection and tried to install coupon printer and received same error I also checked printer settings that were listed in external link you attached and all were correct.

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Try turning off IE9 smartscreen filter. Go to IE Tools menu - Turn off smartscreen filter. Make sure the previous coupon install was removed before trying again the reinstall - turning off smartscreen filter temporarily. The Norton antivirus installed might also have a toolbar security feature in IE that needs to be turned off.

Tekken

#11 Rick_S

Rick_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

No luck again, turnd off smartscreen filter, disable everything possible to disable on Norton and installed coupon printer and still no luck got same error. On another note I Logged into this site earlier today and got the same error for this site however when I clicked on the Check Online for a solution and close the program sentence the tab shrunk in size and then it restarted the tab recovering this site

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think its time to reinstall your IE9 browser. Another thing to do is disable all add-ons in your browser except for the required addon for the coupon printer install.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users