Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser lock froze my pc, virus scanner unlocked it, something not right

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpunoob

cpunoob

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

my sister was using the pc, she clicks on everything, every bleep window that says something like

CLICK HERE U JUST WON A PRIZE
VIRUS DETECTED CLICK HERE FOR FREE FIX

crap like that!!! :angry:

screen went blank first, tried control alt delete, windows task manager would not show, had to restart a few times with modem off to even see anything and get microsoft security essentials on.
it detected a trojan and got rid of it. "TROJAN:WIN32/REVETON!lnk"

that page was a fake fbi type security seal screen
said that someone had violated something and had 50hrs i think to pay 300$ fine to unlock or criminal charges would be filed.

i think those 40 or 50 hrs have gone by and now im having trouble
i got a mesh line grid over my blue screen hp logo on startup
ive also had a few restarts at random
and had the "dumprep 0 -k" appear at startup

i have windows xp home service pack 3
1.3 gig amd
640 ram
33 gig hardrive

i use firefox, but i think my sister was using ie, the history thing erases after shut down, so i couldnt see what she did or where she went.

did a full virus scan after detection and nothing else came up
--------
except this just now 8)
TROJAN:WIN32/Meredrop

got that off a quick scan, i guess i will do a full scan again

Edited by cpunoob, 29 December 2012 - 02:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 cpunoob

cpunoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

"It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic480164.html

#4 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Ok :). Good luck!

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Topic closed to prevent confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users