Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seminolemartin

seminolemartin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I have a dell latitude d600 that will not complete a power up. If the ac and battery are plugged in, the battery icon on the front flashes red a few times and the pc turns off. If I remove the battery and run on ac only the pc does the same thing, battery icon flashes red and then the pc turns off. Same for running just on the battery, icon turns red, pc turns off. also when i press the battery power test strip every other lite flashes, not all in a row to indicate power level.
Any idea on what might be happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Purplegill10

Purplegill10

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Can you tell me how long you have had the computer for? It could be just a problem with the power supply itself, dells are known to not be the most reliable computers (but they are extremely cheap :thumbup2: )
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi was freakin' awesome

#3 seminolemartin

seminolemartin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

The computer is pretty old, but lets assume that the power supply is good. what makes the battery icon flash red?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users