Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Opening Disc2phone Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mashu

Mashu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:05 PM

I am trying to install and use the Disc2Phone program for the Sony Ericsson W800 phone, but I keep getting this same error message.
D2P.exe - No debugger found.
Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings

cordbg.exe !a 0xcc4

I donīt know where to start to fix this problem. Thanks for any help I can get. Mashu

Edited by jgweed, 28 March 2006 - 11:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hi Mashu.
Looked around a few minutes and it seems you're not alone with that problem.
Some people have gotten the issue resolved using the Microsoft .NET Framework redistributal package rather then using the one on the software installation cd. They are different versions.
Go to Add\Remove, uninstall the exisiting .NET Framework app then do the same with the Disc2Phone software. Reboot if\when prompted.
Go to Microsoft's site, download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package here, then reinstall the Disc2phone software.

Edited by HitSquad, 27 March 2006 - 08:10 AM.

#3 Mashu

Mashu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hi Hitsquad

Iīm on my third hour of trying to uninstall and restore, and download various softwares, and on the verge of getting desperate.
First, the .Net Framework app cannot be removed from the control panel, Iīve deleted it via the Windows Install Clean up, but when I go in again via the control panel, itīs still there, only now it doesnīt have any size attached to it, and at the same time it gives me an error message saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Yet the computer is a stand alone home desktop ordered from Dell for my personal use. It came with the software already installed, but Iīve been having a lot of trouble installing new things.

Iīve tried to still re-install on top of it the .Net Framework app you mentioned, and I get another error message...The path C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmp31.tmpīcannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package ītmp31.tmpīin a folder from which you can install the product.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ītmp31.tmpīin the box below.

What can I do now? Please help.

Thanks so much for your help.
Mashu

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

Take a look at the article below. You may wish to print it out.
If you've been having problems with other software installations and removal, it "may" be the windows installer is screwed up. In any case, go through step by step and see if you can get the .net framework 1.1 that you downloaded installed. If you've got anything not required running in the background, like anti-virus software, etc, disable it temporarily so it doesn't interfere.

How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users