Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How Do I Transfer My Outlook Express Address Book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skalek_*

Guest_Skalek_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:51 AM

I was told that this site is for computer problems and I am having one so I hope you can help. I just got a new computer and want to transfer my address book from my old computer to the new computer.

How do i go aboutgetting the addresses from outlook express into my new computer's outlook express? Please help as i have been working on this for 2 hours and cant figure it out.

Skalek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

Welcome to the site. Moving your addresses from one computer to another can be done fairly quickly. This does require a floppy or other storage to store the address book onto which you will then use on the new computer. Follow these steps in the order given:

1.  On the old computer open up outlook express.

2.  On the old computer click on File, then click on export, then click on address book.

3.  A new window will come up asking what type of file you want to export the addresses to.  Click once on "Text File (Comma Seperated Values) and press export.

4.  A box will come up asking you to type the name that you would like the file to saved as .  In that field type: A:\addresses.csv and press next.

5.  On the next screen put a checkmark in all the boxes, and then click finish.  The file should be saved to your floppy.

6.  On the new computer open outlook express.

7.  Take the floppy out of your old computer and put it into your new computer.  

8.  Click on File, then click on Import, then click on Other Address Book.

9.  A new window will come up asking what type of file you want to import the addresses from  Click once on "Text File (Comma Seperated Values) and press import.

10. In the next window, type A:\addresses. And press import.

11. On the next screen make sure all the boxes have checks in them.

12. Then press finish.  All your addresses should be imported onto the new computer.

Hope this helps.

#3 Guest_Skalek_*

Guest_Skalek_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:30 PM

That worked great!!

Thanks

Lerris

#4 RonaldCS

RonaldCS

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:17 AM

There is a useful programme - Express Assist at http://www.ajsystems.com/ea7.html which allows you to back up e-mails, addresses and much more on a regular basis to a floppy or CD. This is then available in the event of a crash or a move to a new computer.
Ronald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users