Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe*32 Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JianH

JianH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

There is a process called svchost.exe*32 and is using the most of my computer memory and is making my computer very slow. i have tried to remove it but it keeps coming back.

Please can someone help me

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2012 - 12:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mindovermatter

mindovermatter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

lol i use to have one of these on my older comp, if your windows system is a 64 bit, I STRONGLY recommend to do a scan with a bunch of trojan removers, also send it to virustotal.com

for me this svchost.exe on my other 64 bit comp turned out to be a trojan bitminer used to mine bitcoins for the attacker that is why it might be using so much space, iether way i strongly suggest you scan scan scan before assuming anything.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

"Service host"32.exe...does not appear to be the same as "service host.exe".

The first appears related to malware, while the second is a normal process reflected in Windows.

I'm moving your topic to Am I Infected.

Louis

#4 JianH

JianH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Well got rid of the svchost.exe*32 by using System recovery and it recoveres to a week earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users