Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot scroll down ,and textbox cursor stuck left

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DCWall

DCWall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Typed words run backwards. Also, cannot scroll down by mouse or slider in any application.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

What are you doing when the text appears reversed?

What is the make and model of this computer?

For the backward text press Crtl and the right arrow key.

I have not clue regarding the scrolling problem. Let's see if we can take care of one problem at a time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DCWall

DCWall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Mr. Peanut Butter Man:
While I was searching this morning for a VGA cable to hook up my mother's old PC to be able to talk to you, the problem I described went away (my original, uncharacteristically terse post I had to write backwards--really makes you appreciate "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" guy). The PC, a problem-free two-year-old Asus CG5275 desktop running Windows 7, had been on since I posted, without rebooting, which I had already done repeatedly. The problem was two things: The text would go backwards because the text cursor--in a browser or in Word--would stick to the left side. In Chrome, I would hear the error "ding" on repeat--dingdingdingding--if I just opened up that browser. (The mouse pointer was not affected.) This was not due to Hebrew or Arabic right-to-left text entry selection. The other problem, which appeared at the same time, was that the scroll was constantly at "go up" in browsers and in drop-down boxes (I erroneously stated in my post that this was true in all applications; in Word the scroll-down did work.) The scroll problem also meant that in order to follow more than the first posts in a discussion I would have to copy-and-paste a web page to Word. I should also say that these two problems started after I replaced a spottily functioning Siemens SpeedStream 4100 DSL modem with a new Actiontec GT701D. I'm not sure whether the text entry and scroll problems were immediate but they were within an hour. I wanted to simplify the setup to avoid any inter-device incompatibility at the beginning, so I had connected the PC directly to the modem, without the router I usually have; the router is now hooked up again. I can't imagine that a modem would have any software that would cause these problems; maybe the new modem briefly left the PC exposed to some internet malware. In any case, I really really appreciate your being on the case. High-tech-literacy folk who offer help to low-tech-literacy folk are <fulsome compliment here>.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users