Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have 8GB of ram but windows says only 4GB is usable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 curtlicht

curtlicht

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

So the topic basically says what is wrong with my computer. Also this has just started happening since I installed my new processor not sure if that could be the problem? Tomorrow morning I am going to take the processor apart and see if any gunk got in there. I will post if that was the solution.

What I have already tried:

1.Updated Bios.

2.Went into Bios and checked that memory remap was enabled.

3.Already went into msconfig and check max memory.

4.Moved around the sticks.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

How about we start with some basic information.

Please post the make and model of this computer. If this is a custom build post the motherboard.

Also post the operating system, with that amount of RAM I'm assuming you are running a 64-bit version.

What is show in System Information for total physical RAM?

If you aren't sure how to get there, go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Information.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 curtlicht

curtlicht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the reply!

System info- http://tinypic.com/r/rtko3q/6

Motherboard- Asus m5a99x evo

Windows 7 64-bit