Hello, I am having a problem where I can't open my sound settings. I usually access these settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the system tray and clicking 'Playback devices', 'Recording devices', or 'Sounds'. When I attempt to access my sound settings, I get no response from the computer. So no error messages or spinning cursor. I am trying to access these settings so that I can set my default device to HDMI to use with my TV.
I am using Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64. Computer is Asus G41JX.
Things I've tried:
- Updating my sound drivers. I went to the ASUS support site and downloaded the drivers. Also downloaded the latest drivers from Realtek.
- Disabling and re-enabling (Realtek High Definition Audio) sound devices in device manager.
- Uninstalling devices in Device Manager and rebooting.
- Updating NVIDIA drivers.
- The 'sfc /scannow' command
- Malwarebytes 'Quick scan'
Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks for any help!