Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bighenny22

bighenny22

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi i have a Logitech Laser Mouse its not wireless..not sure what kind ..but i think the cord is screwed up ..anyways i took it a part to clean it and check it out to see whats wrong with it ...when i had it apart ..the wheel had 1 spring and 1 other looks like a hook of some kind and i can't find where the hook piece goes ...?? any help i have look on youitube but no help..the piece i have extra i believe is for the wheel so it clicks when using wheel ??

Edited by bighenny22, 28 December 2012 - 08:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

By the looks of it, you aren't going to get a lot of help with this one.

The make and model should be on the bottom of the mouse, you will need this if you are going to get any help with this.

If you find this you could call the manufacturer, Google for a tech support phone number, and ask them if they could help you.

When I was working as an electrician I had three prices for my hourly rate, the first one was the going rate, the second fifteen dollars more per hour if they helped, the third was thirty dollars more per hour if they worked on it first.Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I would guess that the spring is either for the wheel detente (you can feel the wheel moving from notch to notch as you turn it) or for the middle button function (when you press the wheel down for the middle button, the spring pulls it up again). If you can't figure it out I would suggest buying another mouse unless it's expensive. I've been using Lexma laser mice from Walmart for years, which were $10-20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users